At Fooditive, we realise the importance of sustainability in all aspects of life. We are all about sustainability; it’s ingrained in our DNA. The main way we implement sustainability into our values is through adopting a circular economy in which fruit and vegetable side streams are transformed into functional and nutritional ingredients. Read more about why sustainability is important for us www.fooditive.nl/sustainability
Sustainability can be hard to put into practice, especially in today’s world. That’s why we want to share our top 10 tips on how you can become more sustainable in your daily life.
1) Reduce :Take a bottle of water wherever you go to reduce single-use
2)Reuse: Bring a reusable bag or an old plastic bag to the supermarket.
3)Recycle :Freeze the off-cuts from fruits and vegetables to make juice or stock.
4) Drive less: Walk, bike, or use public transportation as much as you can. Luckily, Rotterdam has over 600km of bike paths!
5) Shop sustainably : Support sustainably ethical clothing brands or buy second-hand to reduce our reliance on fast fashion.
6) Save energy: Make the switch to renewable energy (solar, wind, etc.) or use less energy at home by replacing your lightbulbs with LED bulbs.
7)Shower buddy: Shower with your plants at a mild temperature. This way you can water your plants and save water at the same time. Just make sure it's not soapy water!
8) Eat less meat : Try to use meat alternatives or eat 3 meat-free meals a week. If you need some help with vegetarian/vegan recipes, visit some of our recipes
9) Seasonal produce: Be mindful of when fruits and vegetables are in season. It's better for you and the environment!
10) Less waste: Freeze your leftover meals to prevent food waste.
Let us know which tip you found most interesting and which one you'll be trying!
Until next week!
- The Fooditive Family.
© 2022-2023 crafted with love by Fooditive Group
This is an Environmentally Responsible Platform